2012 - Summary of what works on Sebaceous Prominence/Fordyce Spots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012 - Summary of what works on Sebaceous Prominence/Fordyce Spots

Post  Willisphere on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 am

Hey Guys,

I recently got Sebaceous Prominence on my shaft and testicles about 6 months ago, I am positive i got mine from shaving pubic hair and because i have sensitive oily skin i say it reacted from that cos they showed up just afterwards. Since then i been internet searching like crazy what they are and how to get rid of them.
I eat on a vegetarian diet which i consider myself to be healthy (drink plenty of water, eat lots fruit, veg etc. dont eat junkfood) and still have spots but even though my diet hasn't been the answer eating healthy i believe it could save from the things you didn't get that you wont ever know about. So whilst it hasnt cured this who knows i couldve had more problems by now than just this, so i definitely advocate eating to the healthiest you can handle.

Ive made this topic to discuss what is giving some some type of good results, and with your products you are using whether it be toothpaste or Jojoba oil, also add what is in the product so we can look for a range of products that contain that successful ingredient which could be the key to curing Sebaceous Prominence.

One thing i do when im in the shower is i make sure the water is hot to open up the pores on my penis, i make sure my dick is some what erect, and then with a toothbrush i specifically use for my dick, i gently scrub around the area. When i am done showering i quickly wash with cold water to close up the pores. Although i dont see a massive effect on the spots going my dick softer and they are slightley less prominent

Last edited by Willisphere on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Willisphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 - Summary of what works on Sebaceous Prominence/Fordyce Spots

Post  Willisphere on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 am

Summary of Information I found

1. Increase Oil Intake - a lack of oil in your body could be one reason, so increase oil intake from my research Flaxseed and hempseed oil are recommended 1tbsp. a day, i myself prefer to take Flaxseed Capsules (Blackmore s brand)
2. Add Vitamin A to your diet with Cod Liver Oil or Supplement form Capsule, Vitamin A controls sebaceous gland activity and affects the quality of sebum.
3. Cutting down your milk consumption because the hormones used in milk production may affect the hormone contributing to overactive sebaceous glands.
4. Oil Cleansing method - Sebum overproduction can be caused from the pores "thinking" that the skin does not have enough oil to moisturize itself; therefore, the body produces extra sebum to try to balance the oils out. Sebum production can be reduced by rehydrating the skin with noncomedogenic oils. Certain oils, including olive oil and castor oil, can both cleanse the pores and help balance out oil production in the skin. Apply approximately 1/2 tsp. olive oil and 1/4 tsp. castor oil to the skin, and massage it in well. Lay a warm to hot wet washcloth over the face until it cools, then wipe off the excess oils.
5. Benzoyl peroxide creams reduce Sebum production

Willisphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Willisphere on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:55 am

THE GUIDE LIST
Alright this is a list of vitamins ive researched that have positive effects on Sebum control, the main aim out of this is i want everyone to find different products whether natural, food sources, supplements or medicated or cosemetic creams etc that contain the vitamins below, this guide will help you choose what you pick and then what you create is upto you!!!

**vitamin A
Vitamin A reduces sebum production and keratin production

**vitamin E
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that enhances healing and tissue repair.

**vitamin B6
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) aids in hormone metabolism.

**Selenium
Selenium encourages tissue elasticity and is a powerful antioxidant.

**Chromium supplements
Chromium supplements have been shown by researchers to be effective in the treatment of acne. As a causal agent, high blood glucose levels have been linked to acne

**Zinc
Zinc aids in healing of the tissues and helps prevent scarring. It helps prevent acne by regulating the activity of the oil glands. Zinc promotes a healthy immune system and the healing of wounds. It is also an antioxidant which helps to fight and prevent the formation of free radicals.

Willisphere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lumpylipshaha on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:12 pm

intresting post do u also suffer from spots on your lips?

lumpylipshaha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RichardMM on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks Willisphere. Is there nothing else no other contributions?

With all of the people that have been on this site, I find it hard to believe that there are no other solutions.

RichardMM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mr. gentleman on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 am

I'm curious, Willisphere. Have you seen a reduction of your SP after taking these supplements?

mr. gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top